About Redhill Aviation Flight Centre
Redhill Aviation Flight Centre is a well-established, friendly, EASA Approved Training Organisation (ATO) and Flying Club situated in Redhill, Surrey, Near London. Read More >.
Our Key Services
- Experts in Private Pilot Licence Courses (incl. LAPL, Night, Aerobatics & IR(R) / IMC) and Air Experience Flights.
- We also offer Professional Training for CPL, CBIR, Full IR, ME-IR, SE-IR & EIR.
- Plus the following Flying Instructor Courses: FI(R), Aerobatics, Night, MEP, IRI, FIC, CRI (ME and SE).
- We offer renewals / revalidations on all of the above.
We offer a full range of air experience flights, ranging from a 30 minute taster flight to a “land-away” experience which you might like to enjoy with friends/family so that two of you have the opportunity to fly.
For the really adventurous, we offer aerobatic flights too! Check out these videos of typical aerobatic experience flights…
Redhill Aviation operates a large fleet of popular two and four seat aircraft as well as complex single and multi engine piston aircraft available.
Available for both training and PPL self-hire are multiple two-seat Cessna 152s, including an Cessna Aerobat. We also offer the ubiquitous Piper PA28, an aircraft that can carry up to four people. It is the 180hp variant, with a Garmin 430 and leather seats.
For those who wish to move up to a faster, complex type with retractable undercarriage and variable-pitch propeller, we offer the Piper Arrow PA28R. The Arrow is also fitted with a Garmin 430 GPS.
We offer a welcoming reception area with free Wi-Fi, a sofa and magazines for students and visitors to read. Our operations staff are always on hand to answer any queries and especially enjoying hearing how students’ training is progressing over a complimentary cuppa!
We also have dedicated briefing & exam rooms for students.
There is ample free car parking on-site along with a great cafe overlooking the aerodrome.
For our current members and students, we offer an online booking system to make it as easy as possible to book the slot, aircraft and/or instructor you want. If you have already received your login details and password, this web-based system can be accessed here.
Look no further for basic and advanced flight training – from LAPL & PPL to Commercial, Multi-Engine and Flight Instructor. We are the experts!
Redhill Aviation Flight Centre is a well-established, friendly, EASA Approved Training Organisation (ATO) and flying club. We have highly experienced and helpful instructors & 4 examiners, including a VHF and HF radio examiner. We offer training and testing 7 days per week for the following:
- Ground training for all PPL subjects (including IMC) and one-to-one assistance if required
- Flight training for LAPL & PPL
- IMC/Instrument Rating (Restricted)
- Radio Nav (Inc. GPS/RNAV)
- VHF and HF Radio
- ALL written and flight tests may be undertaken at Redhill
We can also offer special tailor-made courses such as:
- Conversions & differences training (e.g. VP Prop/retractable)
- Farm strip flying
- Cross-Channel checkouts
- Partner courses/safety pilot courses
Plus, we offer revalidations and renewals for both SEP & MEP at very competitive rates.
- Commercial Pilot Licence
- Multi-Engine Piston Licence
- Instrument Ratings including CB-IR, Full IR and En-route IR
- Flying Instructor
- Advanced Instructor Courses e.g. MEP, Night, IRI & Aerobatics
- Class Rating Instructor (both single engine and multi engine)
- Examiner Training for both SEP & MEP
We have highly experienced and helpful instructors. With 4 examiners (including a VHF & HF radio examiner), we can carry out all training and testing here at Redhill in a full ATC environment. Come and speak to the friendly experts for your fast track to success. All enquiries welcome.
We actively encourage students and qualified pilots alike to meet one another and fly to different destinations by organising regular Fly Outs.
Redhill Aviation Flight Centre offers a complete range of Flight Instructor Courses from Flight Instructor (R) Certificate right through to FIC Instructor training including night, aerobatics, instrument and multi engine privileges. We have two highly qualified and experienced Flight Instructor course Instructors/Examiners who pride themselves in the number of successful courses they have run over the past 30 years and who continue to offer Professional and bespoke courses in a friendly atmosphere.
- First Solo (with an engine)!!!
- My First "Buddy" Flight
- Successful Qualifying Cross Country Flight!!!
- Successful CPL Skills Test Pass!!!!
- First Solo!!!
- Jet MASTERCLASS Open Evening – Monday 29 July from 5pm
- 14 Year Old Student's First Circuits – With Video!
- Successful ME-IR Renewal!
- Successful PPL Skills Test Pass!!!
- Conquering a fear of flying – Part 2
We are based at Redhill Aerodrome in the beautiful Surrey countryside. Redhill Aerodrome is one of the oldest, purpose-built airfields in the country. It is a licensed airfield with six grass runways (plus two tarmac runways when the grass is waterlogged) and full Air Traffic Control. The Aerodrome is open 0900 to 1900 during summer months and 0900 to 1700 during the winter. Extensions can also be arranged. See Map and Directions.
We have a team of dedicated instructors, all of whom are professionally qualified pilots and have worked for many years in aviation. We also have our own in-house flight examiners.
Click here to Meet the Team
The full Instrument Rating allows you to take off and land in conditions that would stop most Private Pilots; it also allows you to fly in airways all over the world. This rating really does give you ‘freedom of the skies’. We offer the full IR as well as the Competency Based IR (CBIR) for those coming to us with the required experience. Read More>.
If you’ve had a great experience with us, please click the link to spread the word!
We aim to achieve 100% customer satisfaction. Read independent reviews about us by clicking the logo above.