MEP – Multi-Engine Piston Rating
The UK CAA Multi-Engine Piston rating course provides the training required for a candidate with no multi engine aeroplane experience to obtain the UK CAA Multi-Engine Piston Rating.
Unlike some of the larger commercial flight schools, we can offer flexibility with your training – with tailor-made courses and availability seven days per week.
Course Entry Requirements
PPL (A) with a minimum of 70 hours as Pilot in Command since issue.
The flight training course for a single pilot, multi-engine class rating includes:
- a minimum of 2 hours 30 minutes of dual flight instruction under normal conditions of multi-engine aeroplane operations; and
- at least 3 hours 30 minutes of dual flight instruction in engine failure procedures and asymmetric flight techniques.
The theoretical knowledge course for a single pilot, multi-engine class rating shall include at least 7 hours of instruction in multi-engine aeroplane operations.
The syllabus of theoretical knowledge includes the following:
- Detailed listing for aeroplane structure and equipment;
- Normal operation of systems and malfunctions;
- Flight planning;
- Load and balance and servicing;
- Emergency procedures;
A theoretical written examination with a 75% pass mark is based on general and aircraft-specific topics. This is required before your skills test.
A revalidation is required annually and can also be carried out at Redhill Aviation Flight Centre.
Multi Engine Piston Training Package
- Based on minimum flight hours at discounted rate, all prices are inclusive of VAT.
- The discounted rate is available by payment of the MEP Rating cost in full.
- The package fee is based on 5 full stop landings at Redhill, 10 touch and go’s, the theory exam and also a months membership of the club.
- Additional Training is £495 per hour
- The MEP Skills test is budgeted using 1 hour private hire of the aircraft plus 1 landing fee and 3 touch and gos as well as the examiner fee for the test.
|PA34-220T Seneca III
|MEP Rating (6 Hours)
|MEP Rating Package (Training + Theory Exam + Landing Fees etc)
|MEP Skills Test (Aircraft + Examiner + Landing Fees)
As with all other courses, please contact us should you have any questions, or better still arrange a visit to speak to a senior instructor to discuss your flying needs.