MEP – Multi-Engine Piston Rating
The UK CAA Multi-Engine Piston rating course provides the training required for a candidate with no multi engine aeroplane experience to obtain the UK CAA Multi-Engine Piston Rating.
Unlike some of the larger commercial flight schools, we can offer flexibility with your training – with tailor-made courses and availability seven days per week.
Course Entry Requirements
PPL (A) with a minimum of 70 hours as Pilot in Command since issue.
The flight training course for a single pilot, multi-engine class rating includes:
- a minimum of 2 hours 30 minutes of dual flight instruction under normal conditions of multi-engine aeroplane operations; and
- at least 3 hours 30 minutes of dual flight instruction in engine failure procedures and asymmetric flight techniques.
The theoretical knowledge course for a single pilot, multi-engine class rating shall include at least 7 hours of instruction in multi-engine aeroplane operations.
The syllabus of theoretical knowledge includes the following:
- Detailed listing for aeroplane structure and equipment;
- Normal operation of systems and malfunctions;
- Flight planning;
- Load and balance and servicing;
- Emergency procedures;
A theoretical written examination with a 75% pass mark is based on general and aircraft-specific topics. This is required before your skills test.
A revalidation is required annually and can also be carried out at Redhill Aviation Flight Centre.
Multi Engine Piston Training Package
- Based on minimum flight hours at discounted rate, inclusive of VAT. Landing, circuit & approach fees are additional (landing fee for PA34 (inc VAT) is £30.00 and circuits are £18.00 each).
- The discounted rate is available by payment of the package costs in full.
As with all other courses, please contact us should you have any questions, or better still arrange a visit to speak to a senior instructor to discuss your flying needs.