CPL(A) – Commercial Pilots Licence Modular Flying Course
Thinking of a career in aviation? Redhill Aviation Flight Centre is an ATO and is therefore able to train pilots to the level required to operate single or multi-engine aeroplanes safely, efficiently and to the prescribed proficiency standards necessary for the issue of CPL(A). We offer the flight training for those pursuing the modular route into commercial aviation. This enables the student to be much more flexible in the way in which they train. The training period can be more flexible and certain aspects can be carried out in the order best required.
The CPL requires a minimum of 25 hours flying, some (or if preferred, all) in a complex aircraft, combined with some instrument flying appreciation.
To start the course, you will need to have flown a minimum of 150 hours and have successfully passed the 13 CPL (or 14 ATPL) theory exams. This can be achieved through self-study or a full-time course – we can assist in selecting a suitable school.
The CPL allows you to carry passengers on Public Transport flights. In order to extend your PPL licence, you will need to acquire a higher degree of pilot skills, accuracy and situational awareness.
- 150 hours total flying time
- 18 years of age
- Hold a UK CAA PPL
- CPL/ATPL theoretical examinations completed
- 200 hours total flying time
- 100 hours PIC
- 10 hours instrument flying
- Night Rating
- 300 NM cross country flight with landings at 2 separate airfields
- Class 1 Medical
As with all other courses, please contact us should you have any questions, or better still arrange a visit to speak to a senior instructor to discuss your flying needs.
Commercial Training Package
|Cessna 152||PA28-161 Warrior||PA28-181 Archer||PA28-200 Arrow |
|CPL (*5 hours only in Arrow)||£5,390.00*||–||£6,350.00*||£6,750.00|
* assumes 5 hours only in PA28 Arrow
- Based on minimum flight hours at discounted rate, inclusive of VAT. Landing, circuit & approach fees are additional.
- The discounted rate is available by payment of the package costs in two equal instalments.