The IMC rating qualifies you to fly IFR in class D to G airspace, together with making instrument approaches down to an absolute minimum of 500 feet. The course consists of 15 hours of dual instruction, a simple written exam and a flight test. Instruction includes:
- Instrument flying (full and limited panel)
- Unusual attitude recoveries
- Instrument approaches (ILS, NDB, VOR, SRA, RNAV)
- Radio Navigation
Validity is for 25 months and requires a test to revalidate. Course entry requirements:
- 25 hours flying time since PPL issue of which
- 10 hours must be PIC including 5 hours cross-country
The IMC rating is recorded on your licence as an IR(R) – Instrument Rating (Restricted) – or if you maintain your CAA licence, it remains as an IMC. Please note that the rating cannot be added to a LAPL, it is also only recognized within UK airspace.
As with all other courses, please contact us should you have any questions, or better still arrange a visit to speak to a senior instructor to discuss your flying needs.
IR(R) / IMC Training Package – Discounted Rates
- Based on minimum flight hours at discounted rate, inclusive of VAT. Landing, circuit & approach fees are additional.
- The discounted rate is available by payment of the package costs in full.
|Cessna 152||PA28-161 Warrior||PA28-181 Archer||PA28-200 Arrow|
|IR(R) / IMC Rating||£2,610.00||£2,880.00||£3075.00||£3,540.00|