Training for a LAPL (Light Aircraft Pilot’s Licence) has similar requirements to the EASA PPL, except the flight training time needed is a minimum of 30 hours with a shorter (100 NM) solo qualifying cross country flight.
The LAPL is not a licence recognised outside the UK. Other restrictions are that flights can only go ahead in good weather (known as VFR) and with no more than 3 passengers, plus a maximum aircraft weight of 2000Kgs.
The LAPL course takes a minimum of 30 hours, of which:
- 15 hours dual instruction
- 6 hours solo, of which 3 must be cross country
- 1 hour instrument flying
- 9 theory exams
- Practical radio exam
- Flight test with one of our examiners
- You will also need a medical from an approved GP – the medical required for a LAPL is less onerous than that for a PPL
- After licence issue, 10 hours’ solo flying is required before carrying passengers.
We are able to supply all books and equipment required for the LAPL course through our shop.
As with the PPL, preparation for the exams is all self-study but we can provide ground school if you need extra assistance with a particular subject.
Training Package – Discounted Rates
- Based on minimum flight hours at discounted rate, inclusive of VAT. Landing, circuit & approach fees are additional and not included.
- The discounted rate is available by payment of the package costs in two equal instalments.
|Cessna 152 ||PA28-161 Warrior||PA28-181 Archer ||PA28-200 Arrow|
|LAPL (30 hours)||£4,896.00||£4,995.00||£5,400.00||–|